Dinghy hire in the Netherlands
m***@hotmail.com
2017-07-04 19:41:18 UTC
I would like to hire a dinghy to sail during a holiday in the Netherlands in August? I will be travelling from Amsterdam, past Ijsslmeer and up the coast and into Germany. I would be grateful for recommendations. Ideally I would be able to able to find a sailing school which can offer a few hours tuition then allow me to hire a dinghy for a day or two. I have a British RYA intermediate qualification. I can't speak Dutch I'm sorry. Kind regards. John
pieterw4809
2017-07-06 14:59:28 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
I would like to hire a dinghy to sail during a holiday in the Netherlands in
August? I will be travelling from Amsterdam, past Ijsslmeer and up the coast
and into Germany. I would be grateful for recommendations. Ideally I would be
able to able to find a sailing school which can offer a few hours tuition
then allow me to hire a dinghy for a day or two. I have a British RYA
intermediate qualification. I can't speak Dutch I'm sorry. Kind regards. John
http://www.delauwer.nl/
there is a ferry to one of the islands as well
--
Cheers, Pieter

"Ik heb menigmaal in woord en geschrift mijn steun verwoord aan
Nederlanders
van buitenlandse herkomst, aan illegaal hier verblijvende buitenlanders
en
aan marginale groepen in de samenleving. Dit alles vanuit de idee dat
eenieder recht heeft op een plekje onder de zon en vanuit de gedachte
dat de
veelkleurigheid van stad en samenleving zonder meer een grote
verrijking is.
Niet alleen van onze economie, maar ook van onze cultuur. Wat zouden we
zonder al die vogels van verschillende pluimage een armetierige en
saaie
samenleving hebben!"
Pim Fortuijn: Het zakenkabinet Fortuijn:
Martin
2017-07-06 15:27:51 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by m***@hotmail.com
I would like to hire a dinghy to sail during a holiday in the Netherlands in
August? I will be travelling from Amsterdam, past Ijsslmeer and up the coast
and into Germany. I would be grateful for recommendations. Ideally I would be
able to able to find a sailing school which can offer a few hours tuition
then allow me to hire a dinghy for a day or two. I have a British RYA
intermediate qualification. I can't speak Dutch I'm sorry. Kind regards. John
http://www.delauwer.nl/
there is a ferry to one of the islands as well
http://www.delauwer.nl/contact/

Shrink the map to find the location.

More here, mainly in Friesland, but including one on De Kaag lakes near Leiden,
under the Schiphol flight path. The De Kaag lakes are busy at weekends but
almost empty on week days.
https://www.google.nl/search?client=opera&q=Polyvalk+verhuur&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

De Kaag again
http://www.varenopdekaag.nl/prijzen/ I have hired from them they are OK.
http://www.varenopdekaag.nl/ with map
http://www.varenopdekaag.nl/vloot-zeilboten/

BMs are keel boats similar to the sort of boat there used to be on the Broads,
without a cabin.

This one in Heeg in Friesland is popular and well known.
http://ottenhomeheeg.nl/zeilboot-huren/polyvalk/
The website only in Dutch and German.

You don't need a licence to sail a dinghy or any boat up to 15 metres in NL that
doesn't go fast.

If you need help ask.
Martin in Zuid Holland
pieterw4809
2017-07-09 06:30:09 UTC
Post by Martin
You don't need a licence to sail a dinghy or any boat up to 15 metres in NL
that doesn't go fast.
Speed limits are only for motoryachts. I am dreaming of sailing through
the Margrietkanaal with 15 knots with an AIS transponder on board. A
friend of mine with a commercial inland barge got a penalty for
exceeding with 3 km/h based on AIS data.

Martin
2017-07-10 09:01:59 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
You don't need a licence to sail a dinghy or any boat up to 15 metres in NL
that doesn't go fast.
Speed limits are only for motoryachts. I am dreaming of sailing through
the Margrietkanaal with 15 knots with an AIS transponder on board.
LOL
Post by pieterw4809
friend of mine with a commercial inland barge got a penalty for
exceeding with 3 km/h based on AIS data.
It look like we wasted our time posting dinghy hire locations.
Martin in Zuid Holland
pieterw4809
2017-07-10 17:00:57 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
friend of mine with a commercial inland barge got a penalty for
exceeding with 3 km/h based on AIS data.
It look like we wasted our time posting dinghy hire locations.
never mind dear fellow. ;)

Martin
2017-07-11 09:31:54 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
friend of mine with a commercial inland barge got a penalty for
exceeding with 3 km/h based on AIS data.
It look like we wasted our time posting dinghy hire locations.
never mind dear fellow. ;)
LOL

I anticipated this. It was the reason that I didn't reply initially.
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on De
Kaag.
Martin in Zuid Holland
pieterw4809
2017-07-11 16:17:39 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
friend of mine with a commercial inland barge got a penalty for
exceeding with 3 km/h based on AIS data.
It look like we wasted our time posting dinghy hire locations.
never mind dear fellow. ;)
LOL
I anticipated this. It was the reason that I didn't reply initially.
Very wise, he might think you are British. :-)
Post by Martin
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on
De Kaag.
In a sloep? The Belgian king is a kiteboarder!

Martin
2017-07-11 21:53:42 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by Martin
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on
De Kaag.
In a sloep?
Definitely in a sloep. It was a photo opportunity. They were probably on their
way to Schiphol to catch a flight to their Greek island with WA as copilot in
a KLM Fokker 100.

https://www.leidschdagblad.nl/leiden-en-regio/fotosessie-koninklijke-familie-warmond-video-update
Post by pieterw4809
The Belgian king is a kiteboarder!
Those were the days.
Martin in Zuid Holland
hwh
2017-07-12 06:08:34 UTC
Post by Martin
Definitely in a sloep. It was a photo opportunity. They were probably on their
way to Schiphol to catch a flight to their Greek island with WA as copilot in
a KLM Fokker 100.
Now that they sold the government Fokker 70 WA got his type rating on a
Boeing 737.

gr, hwh
Martin
2017-07-12 08:14:17 UTC
Post by hwh
Post by Martin
Definitely in a sloep. It was a photo opportunity. They were probably on their
way to Schiphol to catch a flight to their Greek island with WA as copilot in
a KLM Fokker 100.
Now that they sold the government Fokker 70 WA got his type rating on a
Boeing 737.
gr, hwh
Yes. KLM still fly Fokker 50s, 70s and 100s. IMO Fokker 70s and 100s were the
best planes of that size ever built.
Martin in Zuid Holland
hwh
2017-07-12 15:15:17 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by hwh
Post by Martin
Definitely in a sloep. It was a photo opportunity. They were probably on their
way to Schiphol to catch a flight to their Greek island with WA as copilot in
a KLM Fokker 100.
Now that they sold the government Fokker 70 WA got his type rating on a
Boeing 737.
gr, hwh
Yes. KLM still fly Fokker 50s, 70s and 100s. IMO Fokker 70s and 100s were the
best planes of that size ever built.
I'm afraid there are just 9 F70's left. At the end of this summer
season, the long marriage between KLM and Fokker will end.

gr, hwh
Martin
2017-07-12 15:52:26 UTC
Post by hwh
Post by Martin
Post by hwh
Post by Martin
Definitely in a sloep. It was a photo opportunity. They were probably on their
way to Schiphol to catch a flight to their Greek island with WA as copilot in
a KLM Fokker 100.
Now that they sold the government Fokker 70 WA got his type rating on a
Boeing 737.
gr, hwh
Yes. KLM still fly Fokker 50s, 70s and 100s. IMO Fokker 70s and 100s were the
best planes of that size ever built.
I'm afraid there are just 9 F70's left. At the end of this summer
season, the long marriage between KLM and Fokker will end.
Sad! I am sure somebody else will buy KLM's Fokkers.

They still pass over our house on the way to Schiphol. One of the quietest
planes that does.
Martin in Zuid Holland
Martin
2017-07-11 22:35:24 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by Martin
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on
De Kaag.
In a sloep? The Belgian king is a kiteboarder!
Why hire a dinghy in NL, when they are virtually giving away a whole museum of
classic sailing dinghies etc. in UK
https://www.sweeney-kincaid.com/Sales/CatalogLots.aspx?SaleId=3112
Martin in Zuid Holland
pieterw4809
2017-07-12 04:23:19 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by Martin
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on
De Kaag.
In a sloep? The Belgian king is a kiteboarder!
Why hire a dinghy in NL, when they are virtually giving away a whole museum
of classic sailing dinghies etc. in UK
https://www.sweeney-kincaid.com/Sales/CatalogLots.aspx?SaleId=3112
May be he has no boattrailer, but there are quite a few Klepper
foldable canoes. Are you considering a bid on one of the lots?
Interesting stuff to keep retired men busy. ;-)

Martin
2017-07-12 08:22:50 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by Martin
He missed his chance to see Wilhelm Alexander in a sloep in Warmond and on
De Kaag.
In a sloep? The Belgian king is a kiteboarder!
Why hire a dinghy in NL, when they are virtually giving away a whole museum
of classic sailing dinghies etc. in UK
https://www.sweeney-kincaid.com/Sales/CatalogLots.aspx?SaleId=3112
May be he has no boattrailer,
Was there a Wayfarer amongst the boats? Like Frank Dyer, he could easily sail
that to NL if he is daft enough.
Post by pieterw4809
but there are quite a few Klepper
foldable canoes. Are you considering a bid on one of the lots?
Interesting stuff to keep retired men busy. ;-)
I've already got an "interesting" 44 year old boat, which I would like to sell.

Plan ahead Piet your turn will come. No multi-hull exotic boats?

I noticed the Kleppers. My brother paid more than a €1,000 for a second hand
single seater Klepper. I wondered if the Dutch National Maritime Museum is aware
of the sale.
Martin in Zuid Holland
pieterw4809
2017-07-12 12:20:15 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
but there are quite a few Klepper
foldable canoes. Are you considering a bid on one of the lots?
Interesting stuff to keep retired men busy. ;-)
I've already got an "interesting" 44 year old boat, which I would like to sell.
what boat is it?
need some maintenance? lol
Post by Martin
Plan ahead Piet your turn will come. No multi-hull exotic boats?
I saw a proa!
Post by Martin
I noticed the Kleppers. My brother paid more than a €1,000 for a second hand
single seater Klepper. I wondered if the Dutch National Maritime Museum is
aware of the sale.
Logically I would think they are. I bet the best lots are already sold.

Martin
2017-07-12 12:46:39 UTC
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Post by pieterw4809
but there are quite a few Klepper
foldable canoes. Are you considering a bid on one of the lots?
Interesting stuff to keep retired men busy. ;-)
I've already got an "interesting" 44 year old boat, which I would like to sell.
what boat is it?
1973 Westerly Centaur
Post by pieterw4809
need some maintenance? lol
It's reasonably well maintained.

I used to have a very old club boat, a polyester Wayfarer, that I won in a
raffle (I was tricked. I was the only entrant). I gave it to the zeeverkenners.
If they'd known where I lived they might have given it back :-)
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
Plan ahead Piet your turn will come. No multi-hull exotic boats?
I saw a proa!
I thought I did too :-)

A lot of the exotic boats are probably unwanted gifts given to the British Royal
Family, when they were on world tours
Post by pieterw4809
Post by Martin
I noticed the Kleppers. My brother paid more than a €1,000 for a second hand
single seater Klepper. I wondered if the Dutch National Maritime Museum is
aware of the sale.
Logically I would think they are. I bet the best lots are already sold.
Most had zero bids when I looked.
--
Martin in Zuid Holland